Saturday, May 23, 2020

One Week from The Day


One week from The Day and I'm rollin' now! My friend Dave Wait and I just did a whole
16 miles looking at a possible May 30th Rohnert Park route and to make sure my classic 1978 Schwinn (think T-bird) hasn't frozen up from last year's ride. 

Neither it nor I froze up so 2 or more of us will pedal away from my house May 30th at 9:30am on my 75th BD to synchronize with all the rest of the 23 milers! Since our RP Outback will not yet be available for outdoor dining we will support the Penngrove JavAmore with a sandwich socially-distanced lunch on us in my front driveway afterward while we watch Kyle's Noon presentations! Whoo-Hoo, a good morning that will be!

Remember YOU are invited to ride in this year's really local RA NorCal. Just give me a call, Email or text that you will be a my house by 9am so we can take off by 9:30am. You might preview JavAmore's online menu, https://www.javamorecafe.com/info/cafe_menu  . 

Our fundraising has had a good start springing up to $1,150 almost overnight! Goal is $2,000. Help keep it climbing:
   - hand me cash (or throw it from 6'. I'll sanitize it later), 
   - mail me a check (1921 Alice Dr., Penngrove, 94951) and made out to "FARA", or 
   - go to our Team Blue Skies web page where you can decide who to sponsor (Brianne, Paul, Richard or The Team). 
https://secure2.convio.net/fara/site/TR/Events/General?team_id=4411&pg=team&fr_id=1633  


Now that I've stretched and challenged my riding muscle groups I think I'll let them rest until next Saturday! Good strategy, eh?! ;-)

I hope to see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment