Thursday, February 19, 2009

Installed my toe clips at 8am; took off with full biking cold weather regalia at 9am! I am close to being ready (except for not being in shape. lol)! Kit (riding shorts and zipup shirt), arm/leg/shoe/head warmers, sippy-tube water system, cool elevated handle bars, sweats, and windbreaker. Tested everything this morning in the 40 - 45 degree weather; worked great! One leg warmer initially kept sliding down my leg but once I started sweating it stuck nicely. I swapped the elevated handle bars side to side because my hands didn't like the angle they gripped the bars at. Now the elevated bars are right over the lower hand grips. Perfect!

To finish my prep I'll buy a better looking pair of sweat pants and see if I can make the speedometer/odometer module I have work. Weeks ahead and I'll be ready to go! Now to line up some more sponsors to make this even more worthwhile!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment