Sunday, March 15, 2009

So, it's close to 10pm, Susan and I are tucked into bed consciously not listening to the pitter-patter of raindrops outside our window. Pretty cool here in Portland today, plenty of rain and plenty of wind too. Went to the airport at noon to pick up Marion and wound up with 4 others! lol Everyone arriving noonish to be at the Outback lunch by 1pm. Lunch was great. Kyle shared the rider count is at 70 and it snowed in Seattle today (And I left my knobby tires at home!) We all split up until tomorrow at 7am and the ride beginning at 9am. I am still working on several rain plans and worrying about some of the others that may be underestimating the rain effect.

My riding plan now is to hang back the first day to talk with and support the slowest group. Then Tuesday I will push myself more if there's anything left to push lol. We're getting up at 4:50am so I'll sign off now. Thanks again to all my sponsors and supporters!

1 comment:

  1. "Hang back the first day to talk with and support the slowest group" Man, that's a good setup for the next few days. The empathy just oozes out of that sentence. So that was your plan last year! Glad it was, because we sure enjoyed the company back there. Although I thought Linda, Spinner, Angela, and I were hanging back with the slower group to keep them company! Ha ha... I'm sure you'll all do GREAT today (despite the "not as nice as last year" weather)! We miss you!!!

    Andy

    ReplyDelete