Monday, March 9, 2009

We made the new, improved and latest goal of $2,000! Thank you to all that have sponsored me, or thought of sponsoring me and couldn't for whatever life limiting reason (and there are lots of them out there right now). I, Brianne and the whole FA community around the world (and yes I am plugged into a number of them and indeed they are thankful!) thank you all so much. You are all so wonderful! There are numbers of good basic research ideas and one or more of them will hold the answer; money is the key now. The more money the faster the research pace. So, now should I move the goal to $3,000?? Mmm, I think not. Moving it once because I was too conservative, maybe, but now I think we'll just see how much higher it will go on its own!


Kyle Bryant reported last evening Ride Ataxia (of which your money is part) has reached its goal of $100,000!! Wow! A hecka bunch more money for research! Mmm, should he raise the goal?? lol Naw, let's also see how high that total will go!


Kyle also said pray for good weather! lol I guess the extended forecast is looking gloomy. We will ride on in whatever weather! C'mon Advil and Vit C!


My bike is ready! I finished it today.
- Susan just rolled her eyes, but she keeps making me things to help. Yesterday she made me a beanie from the same stretchy material my arm/leg warmers are made of. It goes accross my forehead, down over my ears (barely), and accross the back of my neck. This compliments the smaller top 'o the head one she did Saturday. So, if it's really cold, on with the ski hood, at 40-ish swap for the beanie, up to 45 - 50 and the smaller top goes in. how will I know when you ask? The thermometer in my cycling computer of course! lol
- The raised handlebars and rearview mirrors, not to mention the headlight and single rear LED flasher will keep me safe and upright.
- The Konanz don't-stop-'til-you-drop hydration system (long aquarium tube stuck in the drilled out top of my water bottle) works flawlessly.
- Today I tuned in the cycling computer's odometer calibration so I will be able to give you exact max and average speeds, miles traveled, elapsed time, and, a running tally of how hot or cold it is throughout the ride! Whew, maybe communicaton/information overload, eh?
- Finally, saving the best for last, I dug out my $1 garage-sale-brand-new-sealed-in-the-box armband jogging radio and have afixed it to the right upright of the raised handle bar! Sweet! If only it were bluetooth! lol
See if you can find all my goodies in these pics!



Tomorrow morning Dave and I take on Sonoma Mountain one last time before I leave for Portland. I may wear my rain gear just to see if it disinegrates in the first 2 miles or if it has terminal tight spots. :-)

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment