Friday, March 6, 2009

Well it's been a week since I've written and a week since I've ridden! My bike is ready. I put the finishing touches on it last night; headlight and red flasher rear light, and after my free computer wouldn't work I bought one! :-)

We rode the Sebastopol run this morning and everything hummed. Good pace and no chain shifting problems at all. I like this. No black oil on the fingers. The cycling computer says I went 17.4 miles at an average 13.5mph and achieved a max speed of 20.5mph (musta been downhill and a stiff back wind!). All this took me 1 hour and 17 minutes. I have some reservations about the timer accuracy that I have to check out but with this performance a day's ride might be right at 4 hours; only a half a day's work! Now I just have to work on not wanting to go directly to bed after each ride! lol One more training ride next Tuesday then on with the adventure!

We leave next Friday for Portland, will visit with our long time friend Jo and her new hubbie Donald, have an organizational lunch Sunday provided by Outback Restaurants (do patronize them please, they do wonderful community donations all the time!), and then Monday morning it starts! Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. We are so impressed! Your story, your blog, your bike, your attire! Almost makes us wish we were going to ride in the rain with you! ROF LOL (Rolling on Floor Laughing Out Loud!) No really ... We so enjoyed your company last year, we wish you sun and a tailwind! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete