Wednesday, May 21, 2014

10 more days! And boy am I ready (HaHaHa)! As soon as I finish this blog I'm doing another 18+ mile ride and maybe I'll get one more ride in before next week. I plan to not ride next week to give my muscles time to heal/rest/go-flat; around-the-house projects will fill in for exercise.

We will have 2 wheelchair trailers in the Ride this year; the pair Brianne and Sophia once again! These two are troopers. Don't underestimate the strain and fatigue sitting in a wheelchair on a kid's stripped-down bike trailer; the wind gusts tugging, the constant wiggle-wagging side to side of the tower's pedaling cadence shifting the bike frame back and forth, the occasional oops! we dropped a wheel off he asphalt (Sorry!) and of course the tension waiting for the next surprising WHOOSH! of the car or truck blowing by from the rear with little to no warning (roar of the wind, poor hearing and no rear view mirror). These ladies will sleep well Saturday night after 2 1/2 hours paying the piper to raise money for their cure!

Thanks to a number of WONDERFUL friends, relatives and world-wide FAmily I have exceeded my personal fundraising goal! WhooHoo! And the Team Blue Skies goal of $4,000 (recently lowered from the too-stretched goal of $6,000)  is over 75%! For anyone just joining us on this blog or for those "waiting  to see" you certainly are welcome to add to my fundraising total or you could consider sponsoring Brianne who is near her goal, Brianne's Uncle Richard who doesn't have much of a network to go to, or Sophia and Claudia who have joined the team recently and are starting to move up in sponsorship amounts! Go to the Team Blue Skies page here
  http://rideataxia.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=1099129&lis=1&kntae1099129=32C16EAAE6DB48B9AB353087CD1261E7&supId=0&team=5857715&cj=Y
for more detail. You can also just donate to the general team.

This morning I saw an article of stem cells in MS mice which makes me suspect significant FA stem cell research can't be far away! What research momentum we have going!
http://www.curefa.org/pipeline.html

Well the day is heating up and I need to get-a-movin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment