Thursday, May 15, 2014

It's a nice day. 90 degrees. I went riding. I got hot. I am tired. I have mini muscle cramps tweaking around my body as I sit here. It was fun (I must like abuse).

My riding buddy Dave left today for a long trailer vacation (good for them!) so now I'll be riding alone unless my bro-in-law Richard and I can synch our schedules (unlikely), and of course his idea of a ride is 40 - 50 miles and mine is 20. Mmm. I think me and the bike radio will be ride buddies until the 31st.

The last two days it was 95-ish and before that the winds were high so my 2x rides a week has not been workin' out as planned. And no, I did not drag 3 sacks of sand behind me today. :-) And a good thing; I'd never have made it (or would have been completely frazzle-frazzle-frazzled).

I did OK today: 18.9mi, 14.7mph average, 24.7mph max (no real hills so I don't know how I managed that) and it took me 1h 17m of actual riding time. During the ride I stopped at the hardware store for 30 lag bolts to make Susan another raised vegetable garden bed (carried them in a backpack the rest of the ride; does that count for sand??), stopped at my favorite insurance agent's office, State Farm's Tony Maestri, to re-fill my water bottle, be social, and fill the office with the fragrance of sweaty bike rider, then lastly stopped at Brianne's just to harass her for a few minutes. 10 minutes after finishing the ride my blood pressure was 130/82 and pulse was 86; I like the 82 and 86 but I'm not sure what to make of the 130. Probably has something to do with my bright red cheeks. lol

Y'all think about sponsoring me (or Brianne or Richard) if you haven't and if you have I am so thankful for your generosity! I am at $1850 and Brianne is at $750 (Richard needs some help). I think it is shower time now and an evening of Brianne quality time starting at 6pm. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment