Sunday, May 4, 2014

Another week is gone or another is beginning depending on how you view your week! In any case I'm now within a month of Ride Ataxia NorCal and I'm trying to step up my game a bit with 2 gambits. For the next 3 weeks I will be trying to be on the road for at least 20 miles twice a week, then the last week before The Ride I'll give the legs a rest. The other gambit will be to ease off the food and treats maybe with a little treadmill/toning exercise. If I can drop 5+ pounds it will make a difference in the ride. My last solo ride I averaged a tad above 14.5mph, mostly flat riding and not too much wind but good for me nevertheless. :-)

As always I appreciate the support of my friends and family! Each year FA research moves forward and so does the need for "push" money to advance us further into these translational and trial phases of research. Some of the most exciting and promising research are in the middle of translational phases and Phase I and II clinical trials. See http://www.curefa.org/pipeline.html  On May 1 a study was published giving the first proof in FA'ers that Frataxin can indeed be increased to my asymptomatic carrier levels. Much more research is needed and is in progress! WhooHoo!

We are at $40,189 right now! Sponsor one of the Team Blue Skies riders at
http://rideataxia.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=1099129&lis=1&kntae1099129=BD93EAB14F9A42FF813266936F29A4B7&supId=0&team=5857715&cj=Y



No comments:

Post a Comment