Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Can't help it; gotta blog you! 1:15pm, got back from my bike ride ten minutes ago. Shower soon. Hydrating drink next to me (can of 7up, lots of ice and enough bourbon for taste. yum).

80 degrees out there with a cool-ish breeze. Country station in my ear bud, rolling easy! Stats: 1h-11.4m, 18.420mi (yes it measures distance to 3 decimal places!) gives an average of 15.5mph. I'm ready! Of course we'll be lucky to do half that at Davis with the headwind but there's hope my body will hold together one more time! lol My max was 25.5mph; a long slight downhill that by a constant leaning into the pedals allowed the speed to build up. Much faster than that makes me nervous; after all I'm on a bicycle built in the late '70s/early '80s (Schwinn road bike!), all original, so the idea of going 30mph without a safety body suit just isn't appetizing!

Back a ways I got a free digital blood pressure/pulse dealie-bob so 10 minutes after I stopped my blood pressure was 120/87 and pulse 85; better than that pesky 130 last time. Don't think I'll mention this to my Kaiser doc though; hate to have him worrying.

OK! Shower, order pizza for in-laws coming to dinner, then string wire in bee frames for the balance of the afternoon (7:30am - 11am got me reasonably caught up on my FA Emails) until time to pick up the pizzas and share a bottle of my neighbor's red wine with family!

Tomorrow when I look back at today I think I will feel I did not waste this day in my life that will never present itself again. My wish for all of you that you may say the same tomorrow. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment